Impression

 The harder you try, the better the impression you set on the people around you. 

Tom Holland 


A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed. 

Henrik Ibsen 


A visual always brings a first impression. But if there's going to be a first impression, I might as well use it to control the story. So why not do something like throw a mask on? 

MF Doom 


Hospitality is central to the restaurant business, yet it's a hard idea to define precisely. Mostly, it involves being nice to people and making them feel welcome. You notice it when it's there, and you particularly notice it when it isn't. A single significant lapse in this area can be your dominant impression of an entire meal. John Lanchester


Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects. 

Richard M. Nixon 


I'm under the impression that this notion of decency is disappearing from our society where conflicts are made worse on cinema and on television, where people are nasty and cruel on the Internet and where, in general, everybody seems to be very angry. 

Helen Mirren 


I'm a Navy brat. You find that a lot of stage actors are Army or Navy brats, because they have the ability to make a big impression, make friends, and then leave just a few months later. 

John Michael Higgins


The strangest part about being famous is you don't get to give first impressions anymore. Everyone already has an impression of you before you meet them. 

Kristen Stewart 


When you see a person, do you just concentrate on their looks? It's just a first impression. Then there's someone who doesn't catch your eye immediately, but you talk to them and they become the most beautiful thing in the world. The greatest actors aren't what you would call beautiful sex symbols. 

Brad Pitt 


Try to forget what objects you have before you - a tree, a house, a field, or whatever. Merely think, 'Here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow,' and paint it just as it looks to you, the exact color and shape, until it gives you your own impression of the scene before you. 

Claude Monet 


Nobody counts the number of ads you run; they just remember the impression you make. William Bernbach


My initial impression of the Welsh was that they were grumpier than I was! 

Sean Lock 


Scientific fraud, plagiarism, and ghost writing are increasingly being reported in the news media, creating the impression that misconduct has become a widespread and omnipresent evil in scientific research. Heinrich Rohrer 


Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent. Dalai Lama 


I should not like to leave an impression that all structural problems can be settled by X-ray analysis or that all crystal structures are easy to solve. I seem to have spent much more of my life not solving structures than solving them. Dorothy Hodgkin


Walking at random through the streets, we came by chance upon the Cathedral of Notre Dame. I shall long remember my first impression of the scene within. The lofty gothic ceiling arched far above my head and through the stained windows the light came but dimly - it was all still, solemn and religious. Bayard Taylor 


People do think I was a one-hit wonder, that I'm maybe not the kind of singer that I can really be - that impression is there. I have to work really hard to break down those walls. Tiffany Darwish 


I put my best foot forward to make the best impression I could have, and it's been serving me well ever since. Michael Stuhlbarg 


If people are failing, they look inept. If people are succeeding, they look strong and good and competent. That's the 'halo effect.' Your first impression of a thing sets up your subsequent beliefs. If the company looks inept to you, you may assume everything else they do is inept. Daniel Kahneman


The Hindu religions gave me the impression of a vast well into which one plunges in order to grasp the reflection of the sun. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 


For a long time, I've had a recurring dream - I dream I don't have to write any more, that I'm free. I'm not free, alas; I'm still clearing the same terrain, with the impression that it's never finished. Patrick Modiano


I definitely have an affection for detective fiction, and when I first read Dashiell Hammett's 'The Maltese Falcon,' that book and its author made an enormous impression on me as a reader and a writer, and led me to other hard-boiled American writers like Raymond Chandler and Ross McDonald, among many. Avi 


The Italians always made good wine, but you had the impression they were friendly guys in straw hats running family vineyards with slaves or something so that the vino was never more than ten bucks a bottle. Joe Bob Briggs 


I have seen too much not to know that the impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner. Arthur Conan Doyle 


To say that gender is performative is a little different because for something to be performative means that it produces a series of effects. We act and walk and speak and talk in ways that consolidate an impression of being a man or being a woman. Judith Butler


Design is how you make your first impression with your consumers. Make sure it is a lasting one. Jay Samit 


Driving through Dresden, I still remember the many palaces, happily decorated with cherubs and other symbols of the baroque era. The city made an indelible impression on me. Gunter Blobel 


The book begins and ends with the visits to give the impression of a tunnel into their ancestors and family history. I believe in going backwards into the past - I felt I was digging a tunnel back to the past. Anita Desai 


'Beautiful' was something that I kept really close to my heart, that I kept from a lot of people for years and years. It's my story. And I think that was the first impression I needed to give to people as a solo artist. This is who I am; this is what I'm about. Amber Liu


There is no spot of ground, however arid, bare or ugly, that cannot be tamed into such a state as may give an impression of beauty and delight. Gertrude Jekyll 


You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again. Mia Hamm


For me, a fragrance is another way of leaving an impression on somebody. Rita Ora 


Your grammar is a reflection of your image. Good or bad, you have made an impression. And like all impressions, you are in total control. Jeffrey Gitomer


Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product. Elon Musk 


Always roll up the sleeves on your shirt. It gives the impression that you're working, even if you're not. Ashton Kutcher 


Of course I'd like children. But I have to get over my impression that being pregnant is like popping corn. You expand and expand until you pop. Markie Post 


We are living in a computer-programmed reality, and the only clue we have to it is when some variable is changed, and some alteration in reality occurs. We have the overwhelming impression that we were reliving the present - deja vu. Philip K. Dick


I don't say I create. I copy, of course. I've never been interested in the point of view of the tailor or creator. Fashion is a visual impression. This is why I often refuse the name of fashion designer. It's a superficial, stupid job. The social-psychological aspect is more interesting. Franco Moschino


I wasn't the prettiest girl in the room, but I learned to carry myself with confidence - that's how you make the best impression on people. Priyanka Chopra 


Whatever makes an impression on the heart seems lovely in the eye. Saadi 


Politics is too partisan, and sometimes patriotism is cast aside. Patriotism is honor and love of your country and your brothers and sisters. With politics I get the impression that it's all about what's good for the party and not necessarily what's good for the country. Ricardo Montalban 


I grew up with an incredibly loving and supportive family that gave me the impression there were a lot of options for me out there. Esperanza Spalding


I've been to Canada, and I've always gotten the impression that I could take the country over in about two days. Jon Stewart 


What we learn only through the ears makes less impression upon our minds than what is presented to the trustworthy eye. Horace


Hatta always gave the impression of rain. If I was in a real good mood and full of ideas and then happened to encounter Hatta, I felt I was suddenly surprised by a shower of rain and got wet all over the body. My good mood was gone, and also my ideas. Sukarno 


When we, through our educational culture, through the media, through the entertainment culture, give our children the impression that human beings cannot control their passions, we are telling them, in effect, that human beings cannot be trusted with freedom. Alan Keyes


But I want to pay tribute to Anna Lee Woodruff, an extraordinary, selfless woman and beautiful grandmother who in her quiet determined way was a role model for her two daughters, and who left a lasting impression on so many who knew her. Judy Woodruff 


I'm a massive fragrance fan - I think fragrance is part of someone's hygiene, and I'm a big believer in leaving an impression through scent. Rita Ora 


The Moon was the most spectacularly beautiful desert you could ever imagine. Unspoilt. Untouched. It had a vibrancy about it and the contrast between it and the black sky was so vivid, it just made this impression of excitement and wonder. Charles Duke 


 I broke in with four hits, and the writers promptly declared they had seen the new Ty Cobb. It took me only a few days to correct that impression. Casey Stengel


Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Robert Musil 


But I'm not like sad, depressed miserable person. I guess sometimes I give off that impression. Edward Furlong 


On 'Heavy Rain,' the game started with something that happened to me when I lost my son, my six-year-old boy, in a mall. I was so scared. I was curious to see if I could create that impression, that fear, in a game, an interactive experience. David Cage 


My belief is you have one chance to make a first impression. Kevin McCarthy


My aim in painting has always been the most exact transcription possible of my most intimate impression of nature. Edward Hopper 


Ingrid Bergman made an enormous impression on me. I couldn't imagine where that kind of acting talent came from. Grace Kelly


I believe there is no doctrine more dangerous to the Church today than to convey the impression that a revival is something peculiar in itself and cannot be judged by the same rules of causes and effect as other things. Billy Sunday 


The funny thing is, I sometimes get the impression that some people outside of the field think that there's some element of security that we have in working on a theory that hasn't made any predictions that can be proven false. In a sense, we're working on something unfalsifiable. Brian Greene 


I wish I'd known that apologizing is a sign of strength. I had the impression that if you apologize, it's a sign of weakness. I kind of picked up the message from my father, 'Real men don't apologize. You just do your best, and if you happen to hurt some people, that's their fault. You just go on. Don't apologize. That's a sign of weakness.' Gary Chapman


If you want to communicate something, you'd better make sure that your design piece is well-dressed and that its teeth are fixed. At the same time, I still believe that if it is only stylistically great and it has nothing to say, it still is not going to make a lasting impression on anybody. Stefan Sagmeister


Comments

Official Website - Best Cashback Offers · Shop and Get Extra Cashback. Get Discounts on 1500+ Shopping Sites in India.